Fly Gurl

On behalf of some amazing and very dear friends, I've had the honor of planning a trip for over a year now, a big one...the biggest of my career and also my life! To South Africa..18 people for over two weeks. What a dream itinerary! Did I mention John and I get to go too? 🌍✈️πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦

All this excitement hasn't been without loads of worry. Worry is something I could do as an Olympic sport. I am guilty of creating 'what if' scenarios, and sometimes forget who is really in charge and holds all things in HIS Hand. I worry about traveling with John - will he fall? Hallucinate? Will his restless 'Jimmy' legs kick in? Jesus take the wheel!

So today, I go to see my doctor to ask for anti-malaria medication. While she was looking up the requirements on the CDC website, she strongly urged me to get vaxed for Hep B and C, or was it A and E? Also wanted me to get Yellow Fever, Typhoid, and Measles today as well. Uh - let me think about it for a minute..No, nope, nada, not happening. She tried to sell it further by saying she's seen Typhoid and it isn't pretty - still NO. Sheesh! Do you think they get a big kickback for pushing all this stuff?  


I did get my anti-malaria prescription after all that kerfluffle. It was not a great experience getting the hard sell πŸ˜•. I left there feeling annoyed. John's doctor is in the same suite, and all I had to do was message him to request the rx and boom! Done. πŸ™„ Now I'm worried about coming home with Typhoid, yellow fever and measles.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get these people out of my house!

Gratitude